Monday, May 30, 2011

Turkey Dogs with Avocado and Cotija

Okay, so admittedly two weeks ago I had never heard of cotija cheese. But then I was introduced to it in the kale salad recipe, and then again when browsing a cooking blog (here) I came across another idea for cotija cheese and it sounded simple but good. Hot dogs with avocado slices and cotija cheese. Well, it was indeed simple, but as my husband and I looked across the dinner table at one another our gaze suggested a longing for good old ketchup and mustard. Not that they weren't good, but if I am going to eat a hot dog, this fancy version would not be my first choice. Still a fun recipe, though.


Turkey Dogs with Avocado & Cotija
8 uncured turkey hot dogs
8 hot dog buns
2-4 oz. cotija cheese, crumbled (depending on how much you want on your dog)
1 ripe avocado, diced
Arugula pesto (recipe here)


Grill hot dogs and place in buns. Top with arugula pesto, cotija cheese and avocado pieces.   

No comments:

Post a Comment