Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Sliders

You know how I like my rotisserie chicken recipes. The week's that I buy a rotisseries chicken, I am guaranteed two easy dinners. This is one such week. With a full work schedule plus everyday activities and life with a 2-yr old, this is sometimes a must. Tonight's easy dinner: chicken sliders! I've never made these before, but my husband loves buffalo and blue cheese, so this is what I came up with.

The buffalo sauce I used is very mild because I literally have zero tolerance for spicy food...I'm talking I can't even eat medium salsa people. So, if you like spicy food, you could alter the recipe to use chili powder or cayenne powder...or just use your favorite hot sauce and skip the recipe altogether! It just so happens that nobody makes a mild buffalo sauce...I checked three grocery stores.

Buffalo Chicken Sliders
About 1/2 of a rotisseries chicken, shredded

For Buffalo Sauce (or use your favorite bottled hot sauce)
1/3 cup butter 
1/4 cup hot sauce
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1/2 tsp smoked paprika

4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup light mayo

Make the buffalo sauce my melting the butter and adding remaining ingredients in a small sauce pan over low heat. Don't cook too long. Toss with shredded chicken. In a small food processor, add the blue cheese and mayo and pulse until a thick, but creamy blue cheese sauce forms (it will be lumpy).

Assemble the sliders by topping the bottom bun half with a mound of the buffalo chicken, then pour blue cheese sauce as desired and top with other bun half. 

I served these with fried plantains (recipe here). 

No comments:

Post a Comment