Sunday, June 5, 2011

Pad Thai

I finally tried my hand a Pad Thai, one of my favorites (and recently top pregnancy craving). My sister forwarded me a recipe/procedure she uses from Chez Pim. If you've ever made Pad Thai, then you know it's just as much about the method as the ingredients. It seems overwhelming, but as I moved through each step, it actually comes together pretty quick and easy as long as all of your ingredients are ready. I'm not going to re-post the lengthy instructions, but you can find them here. It does require specialty ingredients, such as tamarind pulp, but the recipe makes a lot of sauce you can freeze and use in the future, as I will do. 

I found success with this recipe and made little changes (gasp!); I was particularly impressed with how good it tasted for my first try with the wok and my first try at making Pad Thai. If you're feeling brave...well even if you're not, try this recipe! Beats take out any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment