Monday, January 24, 2011

Blackberry Brandy Glaze

Tonight's creation was inspired by a sandwich I used to love at a place called Zaxby's (a southeastern restaurant). I had chicken fingers and whole wheat rolls, so all I needed was a delicious sauce...Zaxby's chicken finger sandwich used a teriyaki sauce, but I went in a slightly different direction. Still a combination of savory and sweet, I decided to marry brandy and blackberry jam! It was incredible, actually, and I will totally make this again!

Blackberry Brandy Glaze
1/4 cup sugar
1 T cornstarch
3 T brandy
1/2 cup water
2 T blackberry jelly
2 T red wine vinegar
1 T ketchup
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
dash: garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt

In a small sauce pan over medium heat, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch, then add the remaining ingredients and continue whisking until smooth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until thickened (about 15 minutes). Use a glaze for grilled chicken or pork, or use it to coat chicken fingers for a sandwich or salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment