Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Candy Cane Sugar Cookies

Christmas is over, people, but I am left with more than a pile of dead needles on my living room floor and a huge vacant spot in the corner that I swear was not that massive before the holidays...I.have.candy. Candy in the freezer, candy in the candy dish, and candy canes that once adorned my now dead and discarded tree. 


I am not hanging on to candy canes for the next year, because face it nobody eats candy canes outside the month of December and you know it. What to do? Well, I do need to bring a snack tomorrow for the first moms group meeting of the new year, so how about...wait for it...candy cane sugar cookies! Oh wait, you already figured that out from... oh yes, the post title so aptly provided :).

Candy Cane Sugar Cookies
Any flavor candy canes you have! (about 3-4 crushed; I used a meat tenderizer)
A few drops of peppermint extract
A great sugar cookie dough recipe (click here)


Make the sugar cookie dough as directed. Fold in the crushed candy canes and the peppermint extract (if you have a flavor candy cane that will clash with the peppermint flavoring, you can leave out this ingredient completely). Roll into 1" balls and place on a baking sheet. Use a fork to make a hatching pattern, if desired (sort of like a classic peanut butter cookie). Bake in a preheated oven on 350 deg F for 10-12 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment